The Professionalization repository has been created. Visit https://ioce.ourdocs.ca/index.php/s/6DgaIWc2onzp4BO to see the current library of documents for VOPEs to refer to.
IOCE’s initiative on evaluation professionalization has come to fruition following discussions at the Global Forum in Kathmandu in November 2015. A work plan was developed with the following tasks being initiated:
- Establish a working group on evaluation professionalization – DONE!
- Share information of existing professionalization initiatives and continue discussing professionalization (IOCE website, forthcoming EES & AEA conferences in 2016)
- Define values and general principles to guide evaluation professionalization processes.
- Define a well-sequenced roadmap with milestones leading to evaluation professionalization reflecting the components in the working definition.
- Unpack the components in the working definition by identifying for each component below: What is the process for defining these? What content elements belong to these (contents framework)?
- improved access to quality education and training;
- dissemination of evaluation knowledge and good practices;
- streamlining of guiding principles, ethical guidelines and standards for evaluation;
- agreed evaluation capabilities or competencies frameworks;
- legitimate ways of recognizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions as well as experience needed to carry out work to an adequate standard of quality;
- institutional structures for professionalization.
- WHO VOLUNTEERS TO LEAD THE UNPACKING OF EACH OF THE ABOVE?
- Identify unifying global commonalities in existing professionalization principles, guidelines, standards, frameworks + identify elements relevant for specific cultures and contexts to manage the risks of a global approach (work with EvalIndigenous).
WHO WANTS TO START WORKING ON THIS?
Visit the IOCE Forum to see the full discussion http://forum.ioce.net/forum/